The Barça Academy Ottawa consists of 4 training stages according to age groups.
The program is structured to ensure that every coach plays a close role in each player’s development and the training sessions encourage a high degree of participation. As a result each team is composed by a maximum of 12 players. Following the FC Barcelona methodology, the Barça Academy Ottawa employs the same training methods used by the youth teams at the Club, which consist of a group of progressive and interrelated exercises, adapted to each training level or stage.
2 days per week
6:30pm – 8:30pm (Monday & Wednesday U10-U12 or Tuesday & Thursday U14-U16)
2 days per week
League Games & Tournaments
5:30pm – 7:00pm (Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday)
1 Head Coach / 12 Players
The technical development aspect of Barcelona FC program has been designed to teach the technical principles of the game. In our soccer school players will familiarize themselves with these basics in order to obtain a technical background on which they can further develop their control and precision on the ball.
Control, Pass, and Running with the ball
Dribbling, Tackling, and Ball Protection
Shooting, Crossing, and Skills
The tactical development aspect of this program will introduce the players to the basic tactical roles and positions inherent in our Barcelona FC Methodology. In our soccer school players will gain a fundamental understanding of team strategies and movements that will further enhance their teamwork skills.
Width & Depth, Ball circulation and Adequate speed of the game
Transitional play, 1v1’s and player positioning
Creating and finishing attacking situations
The players in the Barça Academy Ottawa will be distributed into two separate streams, created in accordance with the player assessments carried out by the coaches. Each stream will train two times per week on their assigned days and times.
The teams will compete on the weekends in one of the following events:
League Matches – Teams will play league games against external competition.
– 2 training sessions per week for the season
– Competitive matches every on the weekend
– Potential participation in the Barça Academy National Tournament in Toronto
– Potential participation in the Barça Academy International Tournament in Barcelona
– Detailed player reports
– Official Barça Academy Nike training gear
– One Barça Academy Nike training uniform – jersey, shorts and socks (blue)
– One Barça Academy Nike game uniform – jersey, shorts and socks (red)
– One Barça Academy Nike Training Jacket
– One Barça Academy Nike Training pant
– One Barça Academy Nike backpack
*Uniform sold separately